Coming Up With Brilliant Argumentative Research Paper Topics
If you need to create a brilliant paper, but don’t have a clue as to what topic to select, then worry no more! Here are some helpful examples.
First thing’s first though: do you even know what this type of paper is? Well, quite simply, you are being asked to have a strong personal opinion about a researchable subject. You will show various differing opinions by citing examples and sources whilst also backing up your own position.
With so much choice as to what topic you could pick, it is advisable that you pick something that you are passionate about and that you are already quite knowledgeable in. There’s no point in trying to begin from scratch with these essays; because you are required to make a case for your own opinion, and persuade the reader to that way of thinking, it obviously helps if you have a strong, passionate opinion to begin with!
Here are some examples of great ideas:
- Euthanasia should be made legal in the United States.
- We should outlaw genetically modified food until more conclusive tests have been conducted.
- Smoking should be banned in every outdoor public place in the United States.
- Why marijuana use for medical purposes should be decriminalized globally.
- Drivers should be allowed to use cell phones whilst driving nationwide in the United States.
- A new system is needed: why democracy in its current form doesn’t work in the United States.
- A four day working week would be more beneficial to work output and a healthier and happier society.
- Why writing off countries’ global debts make sense.
- Smoking in bars and restaurants in the United Sates should be the choice of the particular owners.
- The age limit for drinking alcohol in all the states of America should be lowered to 16.
- Selling arms for profits should be illegal: the difficulties of enforcing such a law, what solutions can be found, and why it matters.
- Abortion should always be the mother’s choice.
- Why we need to change to electric cars immediately: an environmental argument.
- Globally, taxes should be spent on food, water and energy (before anything else).
- The appalling state of the United States’ foreign policies historically: what we need to change and why.
Of course, they’re just some ideas to get you thinking about what type of subject you might choose and how to broadly frame the argument in the title, but to select a truly great idea, you will need to come up with something by yourself! So good luck!